it's a girl!

On Tuesday a new niece arrived for us, we haven't had the chance to meet her yet but I can't wait. They live quite a drive away but I am sure very soon we will be on our way, hopefully after I have finished making this blanket/quilt for her. I'm sort of making it up as I go along, I hope it turns out ok! So far I have cut all the pieces and pinned them together, ready to start hand quilting it tonight. I have used one of my favourite fabrics for the top and I bought some more of the same fleece that I used for the baby booties I made for her a few months ago to be the back. Now I just need to get all my chores out the way so I can start sewing! And also a big thank you to Rose at Autonomous Artisans , for featuring my pincushions in an article she wrote about having a gift drawer. : )

14 comments:

Bagladee said...

Oh how lovely Jane, I'm sure the quilt will be gorgeous!! And well done on the article. x

Anonymous said...

Lovely fabric! I hope you'll post a photo of the finished version. I'm going to be making one for a nephew due in May - also making it up as I go along. I have some fun fabrics. I'll definitely post a photo but probably not til May.

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your new niece! That flowery fabric is so sweet, it'll make a lovely baby quilt.
:)

Unknown said...

Congrats on both the feature and the new arrival, the combination of colours for the quilt is just too pretty :P

Tizzalicious said...

Congratulations with your new niece!

Hey Harriet said...

A brand new niece to spoil! How lucky she is! Hope you finished all those chores :)

Congrats also for the article feature.

Gillian said...

Oh congratulations on the arrival of your new niece! The baby blanket looks beautiful - fantastic colours!

Kim Caro said...

first of all i want some cake below. 2nd congrats in the new baby in the fam my sister is due in june with her 3rd boy horray!

Victoria said...

Congratulations on the birth of your little niece!
The fabrics are so pretty, love the colors, and the flowers are so sweet!
Also congrats on the feature!!

frutejuce said...

Congrats on your little niece.

I have an award for you over on my blog.

Annie said...

Congratulations Aunty Pic. Everyone loves a baby. One of the girls from work has just left to have her baby and I am in charge of making the pram blanket. I'd better get on with that! Lots of cuddles for the baby.

LeelaBijou said...

Congrats on your niece! It´s a wonderful feeling :)

periwinkle said...

congrats on your new niece, I'm waiting for a new niece/nephew in August... very pretty fabric too
lisa x

Kitty said...

Awww, congratulations on your nice niece! I'm sure the quilt will be gorgeous. x