paper/fabric

Holly's quilt is starting to come together now, the top is all finished, the last whipstitch complete.
I had to take some photos of the back of it before I started taking out all the backing papers, it seems to have taken on an identity of its own with all the snippets from the old magazines that I used to cut the backing papers from.
It was quite a therapeutic process taking out all the tacking stitches, (once I got past thinking about all the work I was undoing!) and I now have a big pile of papers. 'Why haven't you thrown them away?' I hear you cry, well some of them have gone so soft from all the folding and creasing of the quilt while I was sewing that they almost seem like fabric, so I'm going to try and think of another use for them.
: )

6 comments:

JuliaB said...

What about covering them in Iron on Vinyl and sewing them back together to make a bag or a wall hanging?? x

Beck said...

I like Julia's idea. It would make a fantastic wsall hanging. Really original! When I saw the top photo I thought it was the right side up and it looked amazing! Is that Madonna? Anyway I liked the look of the paper quilt so I thing you should definitely use it as the next project! xo

Unknown said...

wow...nice :D It will be a treasure for Holly.

Gillian said...

Oh amazing - I love the paper quilt too! Cannot wait to see the finished quilt too. G

Hey Harriet said...

Wow the images you've shared are great, so the completed quilt must be awesome! Holly is one lucky girl!

Unknown said...

i most totally ditto julia's idea!