snowflakes made of straw?

I've had half an idea going round in my head for the last week or so about how I could add some christmas decorations to our kitchen/dining room. This is what I came up with, I found these lovely super-light straw snowflakes in Heals at the weekend and they are just perfect for what I had in mind. There are 36, to each of which I attached some sparkly thread (a present from my sister last christmas!) and then hung them all from our skylight. I was too impatient to wait for better photos and the light was already going when I took these but you get the idea. I love the colour of the straw, it goes perfectly with the kitchen and they even move in the air so it looks like it could be snowing! I know I put these up quite early, but once I had bought them I couldn't wait! : )

7 comments:

JuanitaTortilla said...

Very practical idea. It must have been exciting and tiring to stick all 36 of them up the ceiling! :) I know my neck would hurt like crazy by doing so *lol*
Nice!

High Desert Diva said...

I love hanging snowflakes.....

Shayla said...

They are pretty. The straw looks like gold.

Victoria said...

Beautiful! I adore the effect!

Colleen MacDonald said...

I used to live in Mexico, and these really remind me of the little ornaments that I got while living there. They are lovely.

La Petite Gallery said...

Good luck !!!

Very pretty

It must take a lot of Time.

Hey Harriet said...

What a fantastic idea! They look gorgeous & sure put my Christmas decorating attempts to shame!