ouch!

A few days ago I was attempting to tidy up my big fabric draw, and came across a needle felting kit that I have now had for nearly a year. I unpacked it all and started to follow the instructions, and I especially liked the last point which was simply 'now shape into a heart'. Great! So I spent a good while stabbing at my piece of wool, and it is quite amazing to see it gradually draw in on itself. I was rudely awakened though by Stuart, who was watching me, and his comment was 'Isn't life too short for that?' and I can see his point a bit, as it was taking me a while to get anywhere with it! And it is also very painful if you manage to stab yourself and not the wool, which I did quite a few times, ouch! But here are my results so far, hopefully as I work my way through the other 10 in the pack they will get better! : )

11 comments:

Tizzalicious said...

I think they look great already!

Claire said...

You're doing well so far!
and yes! i get my flet from your sister - that's how i found your blg :)

Fog and Thistle said...

they look great. I'd love to see some progress shots. I always see these felted wool items and think, how'd they make that?

Cicada Studio said...

Felting is one of those mysteries to me. I think these look great. Even if you don't go back and do the rest, you've still done it. Good work!

High Desert Diva said...

heh, heh, heh...Stuart!

T said...

These are great for your first time with felting, I just tried it a week or so ago and found it to be a great stress reliever but didn't come up with anything so cute!

You have to take a look at what these woman can do with needle felting - it is phenomenal.

http://allaroundus.blogspot.com/

http://laurenalane.blogspot.com/

tatsuko said...

Lovely hearts! My sister showed me the whole stabbing process and I don't have the patience for that - at all! Kudos to you :)

Katy said...

I think they look lovely. I keep thinking of tryng needle felting, but I'm a bit clumsy, so I think I'd end up with too many injuries (I'm a scaredy wuss)

Mrs.French said...

I needle felted once and could see that it could become completely addictive. Love the hearts!

Shayla said...

Aaah! I just love them!! What a great red!

Here's a sympathy "ouch" for the needle issues. I've done that a good many times just with regular hand sewing.

Katy said...

ps - just spotted you on etsy front page - top centre too. Whoo!!!!!!