lots of pictures today!

Hello! Here is the second pouch/purse, this one uses the new fabric I got a couple of weeks ago which is a bit thicker than cotton and lends a nice weight to the finished item. I can't decide which is my favourite colourway at the moment, when I look at this one I think 'cappuccino and pink', but then when I see yesterdays I love the different blues with the lime! And can you believe it, yesterday I managed to snag a treasury, which I have filled with all the fabric I would buy if I had limitless money to do so. Imagine having a room full of all of these, heaven! And finally, I have found a box for my butterfly stickers project, I remembered this box that I inherited in a box of tools from my grandad. It was homemade (by grandad?) to house his wood plane, but I think it is too nice to hide away and never be used so I have found the plane a new home. I have also dug out some sandpaper, and it is in need of a good clean too. Just look at the inside of the lid, I love it, it looks as if the date stamped on the original box was 3rd April 1914. I know that this isn't the most beautifully finished box, but it has a lot of history and means so much more because it was my grandads. : )

8 comments:

Tizzalicious said...

A fabric treasury! That's such a cool idea :D

High Desert Diva said...

Congrats on snagging a treasury!

That box will be doubly cool once you're finished with it. Nice reminder for you...

Rosebud Collection said...

Your pouches are really cute..Love the box..what a treasure.

Unknown said...

Love the treasury and I am so so excited to see how you transform your grandad's box!

iSew said...

That box is really, really cool.

Claire said...

THat treasury looks great! I may have to start searching fabric on etsy....not sure hubby will be too please! hehe! :)

xx

littlebyrd said...

Where do I start? I love the pink and brown fabric, I think your treasury is so cool, and finally - I love that box! It is perfect!

BeckyKay said...

Fabulous treasury!

That is a great box. I love that kind of stuff!