fabric and parsnips!

An odd combination I know, but I couldn't resist showing you the fabulous and delicious parsnips (and purple sprouting broccoli) Stuart bought home from the allotment, they totally filled the sink! So far we have had parsnip mash and parsnip soup (which is just the best and we now have extra in the freezer) and we still have some left over. Yum! And here are some more of the gorgeous fabrics I have been buying lately, these two are from karaku , I already have one piece of the leafy one but couldn't resist another, and the other cute little birdy one is destined to become something for Holly. Not sure what yet, maybe another skirt as the first one , I made is getting short already! : )

13 comments:

Parallax said...

Your veggies look great. I can't wait for farmers market time around here to start getting local stuff again myself

vintagetown said...

Wow! Well done for the parsnips! We're starting a school allotment at my daughter's school, so am all inspired now I've seen your pic.

Annie said...

The fabrics are great. I love them too, and there's nothing quite like your own veggies. A satisfying meal indeed.

Claire said...

mmmm! purple sprouting, i'm jealous ;)
I love the leafy fabric.

Hey Harriet said...

Now they are fine looking parsnips! Nothing like home-grown fresh vegies. I've never tried parsnip soup before. That fabric looks sweet!

Anonymous said...

That actually looks great!!! I'd kill for some veggies like that!

Unknown said...

That's one I have tried before, parsnip soup and mash, bet it tasted super yummy :D the fabric's great :D

Bagladee said...

Hmmm now you got me thinking!! Roast parsnips with honey drizzled over them!!! Or parsnip Crisps!!! YUM YUM!!! My fav :)x

Shayla said...

Yummy. They are huge! and I love your fabrics.

Julia said...

What beautiful fabrics and parsnips :) I don't think I've ever had parsnip mash before!

Unknown said...

... i dont think i've ever eaten a parsnip in my life!

or maybe i did a few days ago. i honestly don't remember if they were in the recipe. it was sweet potatoes, white potatoes, and perhaps parsnips roasted with some butter and rosemary. mm.

if i did have them, they were delicious. you should post some recipes! i'm looking to broaden my palate. :)

Victoria said...

I love the juxtaposition of your veggie photo and your fabric photo! They go so well together!

Waterrose said...

So what do parsnips taste like? I haven't ventured to try them.