blue sky

Today was the first day that we have really been able to get out in the garden and try to get it ready for Spring. The sky was lovely and blue, the sun was out, and we were wrapped up warm against the cold wind. I was happy as I got to cut the grass and make a start on tidying the flower beds, and Holly was happy as we emptied her playhouse and cleaned it out ready for lots of playing as the weather hopefully gets warmer. I found two beautiful discs of ice on the top of a couple of big buckets, and Holly had great fun breaking them up. I was amazed at some of the colours captured in this shot of the ice. And can you see the ice flower that Holly made? : )

4 comments:

Shayla said...

That is an amazing photo of the ice. Even though I know it's much warmer where you are, seeing grass and no snow is still a shock. Enjoy your spring!

Gillian said...

Lovely blue Spring skies here too - fantastic ice photograph - nothing more satisfying then breaking ice like that! G

Colleen MacDonald said...

Ahhhh... that fist spring "mucking about" is so fabulous. The birds are really going crazy here and we are ready to plant our garden now, but we have to wait just a few more weeks for the nights to warm up!

I love those ice discs; beautiful!

Hey Harriet said...

You must be so happy about spring finally arriving! It's now autumn here so I have to wait a while before I can enjoy spring again! Enjoy your warm sunny days and blue skies :)