What a week – or two

As you have probably noticed, I haven’t managed to blog much over the past week or so, I’m sorry if you have visited and found nothing new. This is partly because Stuart has changed his job, and his new routine has been, (and will be for the next few weeks at least) to go to work really early and come home really late. So I have had to change my work hours on most days to accommodate doing both school runs, and after getting home and sorting out Holly etc, there hasn’t seemed to be much time for anything else other than boring things like keeping up with the washing. The result is that I’ve been feeling a bit low, but we have just had a great weekend to make up for it. It is my mums birthday tomorrow, so her, my dad and nan came up for the weekend, and then my sister and her boyfriend came up for the day yesterday. I made a cake, - this is the last piece left (which I’m very glad came out ok, my oven broke last week and only got fixed at the last minute, phew). My sister bought balloons, and we had a lovely day, which ended in us all going out for a meal. Now everyone has gone home and Stuart is away tonight with work, so it is just Holly and I, so now she is in bed I am making some catch-up time. These pictures are of a new pouch/purse that is nearly finished and should be in the shop soon. And I also must mention my fantastic win, I came second in Cicada Daydream’s wonderful giveaway! Thanks Michelle! :)

7 comments:

please sir said...

Good luck catching up!!

Rachel said...

Sorry you've been feeling down, I bet that gorgeous fabric has helped cheer you up! I saw your name on her blog and yes, I admit it, I am very jealous!! ;)

Indigo Blue said...

Sorry to hear that things are a bit chaotic at the moment. We had the same when my hubby was made redundant then set up on his own from home. He has to work away every now and then so it took us a while to find a routine.
Would you like to take part in a christmas swap. See my blog if you are interested.

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Isn't it funny how we can get in a funk when we can't do our creative work? I hope things settle down soon. I will be sending out your fabric tomorrow!!

Hey Harriet said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend you had with your family. And congrats on the giveaway win. What a score! Lucky you :)

littlebyrd said...

Hey! Glad you are back! It sounds like things have been a little crazy. It can be really hard when a routine changes, can't it? I always feel a little unsettled.

Shayla said...

Wow! Love that lily of the valley fabric. Sooo pretty. Congrats!